Dear Readers, a sad, sad thing happened today. A thing I have been dreading since I got it:
I broke the Spelljammer ship.
Not to say it’s not fixable. But it’s just not the same.
So there I was, trying to put it back together for a picture for you guys so you can see the progress I’ve made so far. Before you see what else I was planning on doing. I reach down and clip the wing. And I broke off the wing. See for yourself:
I almost cried. I really did. Tears misted my eyes and curses at myself flew through my mind.
So instead of giving you a painting update on this, I had to glue it back together. And it’s not fitting back together as neatly as I would want it to. And I don’t know why.
So I sanded the spot where it went and I sanded the wing as best I could. And then I glued it back together. Here is the result:
You may not be able to tell, but there is a small gap in between the ship and the wing. I am infuriated at my own clumsiness.
So that’s a thing. Now I get to wait for the glue to cure before filling in the gap.
*sad and angry Daily DM noises*
It happens, I know, but it doesn’t mean that I have to like it.
Sorry for this, Dear Readers.
On to the other project: the dragonborn ranger. All I really have left is the basing.
So when I looked at the base as I had currently painted it, I noticed that the paint was rather thin. I was using the Army Painter Dirt Spatter to be the base underneath the grass that I intend on putting there. I still plan on leaving the Kickstarter. K blank so that it shows up in between the grass. At least, that’s my hope.
So, I put another layer of Dirt Spatter which still seemed a little thin and will likely need another coat. Additionally, I painted the heart on the base that points to the specific status effect that the miniature is going under. For those who are unaware, there are these bases that come with this line of miniature that have a rotating base that has various status effect ailments on it. It’s pretty ingenious to be certain. I’m not sure if I will end up painting that or not.
I also ended up painting the base of miniature that sticks out above where the status effect base is.
Here’s how it’s turning out:
She, too, is coming along nicely. I should have it done in time for next week when my monthly group is meeting. She is the character for one of the players for my monthly group. I’ll be excited to see what she thinks.
Well, that’s all I have for today. I hope you enjoyed seeing my progress!
Until next time, Dear Readers…