Just a quick update on the progress of the ship!
Here are some pictures:
As you can see, the work on the bottom, the fins and exception, are done. I did the filigree on the bottom as well as the metal studs which I decided to, at last minute, make copper like the rest of the studs. All that said, I am considering doing all of the studs in copper. I don’t know. I’ll see what it looks like when I get to it. Originally I had visions of things. Gunmetal but the studs on the bottom are copper and the metal bands that hold the ship together on the bottom are gunmetal. I think I’ve well established that the studs should be copper. And because copper is a nice earthy toned metal, I think it fits well with the motif of the ship overall. Also, I repainted the bottom of the wings to try to make the brushstrokes disappear as best as possible. That….. Is going difficultly. To say the least. The challenge with painting larger miniatures is that it is very easy to have your brush strokes show through when you are painting large areas. It’s one of the reasons I have been avoiding painting some of my larger miniatures, because of this exact fear. This is easily the largest project I have ever undertaken from a miniature painting perspective. I’m really hoping that this one turns out very well. So far, it seems to be promising.
Well, that’s all I have for you folks today! Join me tomorrow for an installment of “A DMs Perspective” where I do my best to catch you all up on the shenanigans of the Ingrates. I’ll be trying to put together an edition on “A Player’s Perspective” to go over the antics of the Arkham Arcanes!
Until next time, Dear Readers…