Dear Readers, I have put my Elven Bladesinger on hold so that I may instead work on a new commission of which I was requested of yesterday.
It is, as the title of this post says, a lizardfolk ranger. The miniature needed a little bit of polishing before I could prime it, but that wasn’t too bad of a job. It also needed to have the bottom half of the bow glue back on as, when it shipped, it was broken. The person who’s paying me this commission has already ordered a replacement, but I was able to fix this one so I’m painting this one up for him.
Thankfully, coming up with a paint scheme wasn’t terribly difficult, as the customer requested that I follow a paint scheme based on the following photo:
Easy peasy lemon squeezy.
Now, of course, this miniature is wearing much more clothing and armor than the photo, but I at least have a basis. The customer also requested that the color schemes be much more “of the land” to heighten that one’s sense that this is a hunter.
Here is my step-by-step (so far), enjoy!
I am, or will be, using the following colors for various things.
Lastly, I have yet to decide on what color green to make the pattern on the cape. To give you an idea, the reason the Cape is black is because I plan on painting it with the following paint scheme:
Some of you might say that it would have been easier to paint the cape the green and then paint the spots. Maybe you are right. I didn’t think about that at the time. Personally, with a couple of coats, I don’t think it’s going to end up being too much of an issue. If it does, I will whitewash it and try again.
Thanks for joining us again!
Until next time, Dear Readers…