Dear Readers, I know it’s been a minute since I’ve last posted. Truth be told, I’ve just been extremely busy as well as dealing with some mental health challenges.
That said, I wanted to give a short post out here to let you know that I am still alive and still writing.
A few things that I’m working on:
1) Getting ahead in my writing – this one is big for me. I need to be able to get ahead and much of my writing so that you guys don’t have any true lapses. I’ve got some ideas, but if there’s any topic you guys would like to see me right on, please let me know!
2) Anonymous Bosch and I have not given up on our YouTube channel. It’s just coming along a lot slower than anticipated, as you can well see. I recently learned the rules for BattleTech Alpha Strike, and we plan on recording some of our matches, as well as a how-to video.
3) I’m looking at commissioning and artist to do some comic work for the Ingrates. There have been way too many funny moments not to document them other than in writing and via the podcast. This one might take a little while as I have to find a willing artist!
4) I’m going to also get ahead in my miniature painting. I have my very large box of shame, meeting all of my unpainted Dungeons and Dragons miniatures, as well as a huge post of battlemechs. All of it needs painting. Part of my hesitation to keep painting is that I really want to test the new Army painter speedpaints. They look absolutely phenomenal. That isn’t to say that I can’t do things the old-fashioned way. I certainly can. I’m just really excited about those new paints. Part of the problem with that is that the basic set plus shipping comes to something around 50 plus dollars for what amounts to 10 droppers of paint. They come out later this month. The larger set, which I find more desirable, is going to cost $100 plus shipping and doesn’t release until next month. Thus my problem.
5) I’m working at keeping up with the kids on bicycles “a player’s perspective” posts. We’ve only played once since the last time I posted, I just have to gather my notes and actually get it written. See number one above. Additionally to this, we will be going to once a month in this game beginning this month.
6) I plan on doing a review of The Wild Beyond the Witchlight pre-published adventure. I’ve been running it for a bunch of early teens in my Adventurers League game. I didn’t take good enough notes to keep up with what happened from session to session so I gave up any ideas of doing game summaries. That said, I can give an overview of the adventure and how I feel it went.
So there you have it, it’s my future plans. I still will have podcast previews on Thursdays starting this coming Thursday again. We had some lapses in games due to me picking up covid and is playing Kids on Bicycles. I talked to my producer about it and we’re both kicking ourselves for deciding not to record that game. We’ve had some really awesome and some really funny incidents that should have been recorded. Oh well.
What do you think, Dear Readers? Are my plans to ambitious? I don’t think so, but let me know your thoughts in the comment section below.
Until next time…