As many of you know, when you paint miniatures, it is necessary to have a nice try environment so that the miniatures will dry out and you can move on to the next layer.
The problem here is that it is so hot and humid outside that the AC can’t keep up with my sunroom where my painting desk is.
Sorry to say it, nothing is drying quickly.
That said, I was able to get a few new layers on things and finish painting other things.
Let’s start with the planetar.
As you can see, I got the inside of the wings done. It still needs a little edging around the sides and underneath, but it is coming along. I also put another coat on the planetar itself.
Next, let’s check back in with our goliath barbarian.
Today I put a secondary coat on all of his leather bits and filled in some other spots that needed it. I didn’t play much with the ax handle as I got some paint on it while trying to paint the leather bits. I also painted his underneath so that it’s all consistent.
I do also have a game plan now for his skin tone. I recently got a tan color, if you check out my last unboxing post, that I think will work great on him.
Lastly, since I had all my paints out anyways, I went and reached for an old project that I had prime but hadn’t done much painting on.
He is a tiefling paladin. I’m extremely excited to paint him and see how he turns out. He was based on a character for my oldest son that had been a part of one of our campaigns.
In a close-up pictures, you can see that I am a pet lover as well, as some of my cat’s hair somehow managed to migrate on to the miniature.
Well, that’s all I have for today so stay tuned for next time’s painting update!
Until next time, Dear Readers…
P.S. – the daily DM blog recently picked up a new guest contributor! Look forward to seeing their posts in the near future!