Painting Update: Paladin

So apparently my post from three days ago didn’t upload, so I find myself this morning editing my post. Lovely.

In any case, here is what was posted originally, and you’ll get a bonus post in a few minutes…

Good afternoon, Dear Readers, and welcome to another painting update!

I finally remembered to grab the male aasimar paladin, and it is going well. Here’s my progress:

Here he is in all his glory.

He is going to be glorious when he’s done. Better than anything I’ve done so far!

The cloak is going to be a pain to paint. A lot of surface area…that said, drybrushing it will be easy.

I’m not sure if you can tell, but I’ve painted the breastplate and the shield in a bright silver color. Sorry about the lighting, by the by. It was night and all I had was my LED lamp light and the camera flash. Neither was optimal.

Here we have the cloak being worked on.

The blue I used here, Army Painter’s Ultramarine Blue, is good, but a thinner paint, that requires more than one coat. This will be an ongoing process until it looks even and looks good.

Going for white on the outside of the cape/cloak. I think it’s a nice, albeit cliche bit of paladin wear.

As I was having issues with painting around them, I carefully removed the wings, intending to re-glue them back on once I’m done painting the rest of the miniature.

Well, that’s all I got for today, folks!

Be on the lookout for another post, the one that was supposed to be posted last Friday.

Until next time, Dear Readers…

Published by The Daily DM

I'm just a DM telling the stories of my tables.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: