Miniature Painting Update: Knocking Out Some of My Projects!

Just a quick update on two of my projects:

Today I worked with the aasimar paladin.

The only reason she has flesh tone on her face is that I had, a while back, accidentally poured out too much of the flesh color and pulled out a bunch of minis and started painting faces.

Then I started working on the armor:

Next, the gloves and pouches:

I know the paint job isn’t perfect, but I intend on following up later with touch-ups.

Next is the gold for the hilts and the scabbards:

It was then that I realized my brush wasn’t really doing the job, and I started looking at the brush I was using, which is a Citadel brand base coat brush that I got with the starter Space Marine paint set.

It’s pretty rough, and it’s not really holding its shape, causing pain to get places where I don’t want it to get.

So then I decided to bust out my Nolzur’s Marvelous Brush Set that I had recently purchased.

I mean, it looks like a decent brush set. And for $12 it’s not a bad bit.

As you can see it comes with a detailed brush, a base coat brush, and a dry brush. Again, not a bad catch for $12. Until, I opened up the base coat brush…

Needless to say, I am not impressed. I plan on taking them back to the store and exchanging them, hopefully to get a nice set.

As I am lacking, at the moment, a decent base coat brush, I will leave this as is.

I hope you enjoyed this painting update!

Until next time, Dear Readers…

Published by The Daily DM

I'm just a DM telling the stories of my tables.

One thought on “Miniature Painting Update: Knocking Out Some of My Projects!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: