Miniature Painting Spotlight: Acererak Update

When last we left off, our Acererak mini looked like this:

We were quietly drying on a dry cloth.

Now let’s assemble this mini like the Avengers!

I decided to use the Citadel Plastic Glue, a reliable miniature glue, but you could have used just about any miniature glue. It’s what I have on hand, not having purchased any of the Army Painter brand.

It seemed to do the trick, as we’ll see next.

I started with sanding. This is an important step, so we can get off all of those pesky bits that didn’t quite come off with the snippers.

I am using a super fine grain modeling sandpaper that I got in a modeling kit a few years ago when I got back into doing miniatures.

Laying the sandpaper flat, I rubbed the area across the sandpaper, trying to ensure that the spot became flat, or I bent a corner to rub the specific part to a smooth edge.

Here are the results:

Also notice the marks I sanded on the bottom. It didn’t have to be too neat, as it’s going to seat into the base and be invisible.

Each of the pieces turned out well, so there was no need to use Green Stuff or any such materials to fix anything. If you do need to fix anything, Army Painter has a wonderful Green Stuff set that will fix you right up.

I’ve used it before and it works very well. For crack filling, thought, you want something a little more fluid, and I found that Vallejo has a wonderful acrylic resin plastic putty that is for that job.

In any case, I decided to start with the smallest pieces to assemble, the head and crown and then the body:

The back of Acererak’s crown
Look at that ugly mug!!

I then added the face, as you can see above. Not lying, it was a beast to do, as I have large hands and these pieces are tiny as all get out.

Next I worked on the body. Notice that I am not putting it on the base at this time. I intend to do the base for Acererak much like I did for Xanathar, and paint it separately.

Lastly, I used the Citadel Chaos Black spray primer to prime him.

As he’s going to be a bit darker in shade, I wanted to use a darker primer to get him going:

And that’s as far as I’ve gone, folks. Next time, we’ll begin the painting process.

Oh, and before I forget, a bonus for all of you wondering about the giveaway miniature I did when we met our 25 subscriber milestone!

Let me know what you think in the comment section below! And, as always, hit that like and subscribe buttons! We still have our subscriber goal giveaway going on and once we hit the 100 subscriber milestone, we’ll be giving away a Daily DM T-shirt to one lucky subscriber.

Until next time, Dear Readers…

Published by The Daily DM

I'm just a DM telling the stories of my tables.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: