Painting Profile: Finishing the Xanathar

Dear Readers,

Today is a landmark day. But also disappointing! I’ll show you what I mean.

You know where we left off, and here’s where we went!

Here we are. We did the shading over the body! I used Nuln Oil (Citadel) shading for the main body, with Argax Earthshade for the mouth and eye stalks!

I think the shading turned out pretty well, myself.

Now for the gloss varnish on the eyes and around/in the mouth.

He’s so cute. I love him.

The gloss worked out very well, especially with the shade dulling him down.

The next bit is the problem…I glued the base to him. And it’s having problems setting up so it’s being propped up by the top of my paintbrush container…

Here it is, in all it’s shame…

This is really frustrating for me as I wanted to show you the final bit. But alas, no.

As soon as it sets up, I’ll get it to you, likely in another post.

Hope you enjoyed the journey as much as I did painting The Xanathar!

Until next time, Dear Readers…

Published by The Daily DM

I'm just a DM telling the stories of my tables.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: